Looking for that certain je ne sais quoi? Luxury travel experts Abercrombie & Kent reveal elite luxury destinations for holidaying this summer and beyond
The A&K Black Collection is an annual list showcasing the crème de la crème of Abercrombie & Kent’s range of holiday properties.
The luxury travel company handpicks just 40 elite properties each year for the list, from over 800 in the portfolio. The chosen villas are selected by a panel of experts, who take into account factors including popularity with guests, client feedback, design and style, amenities, location, star quality and those all-important Instagram credentials.
From palatial palazzos to blissful beach getaways, every property on the list is mind-blowingly beautiful. Infinity pools and tennis courts abound, plus turrets, moats, gyms, voice-activated assistants, wine cellars, yoga pavilions, helipads, movie-screening rooms and more.
Villas awarded with Black Collection status must also be able to provide A&K Villas Gold or Platinum concierge service – a little black book of insider access, ranging from sightseeing excursions and activities to private chefs, care hire and yacht charters.
Look for the Black Collection and consider it a mark of excellence.
What is the A&K Concierge Service?
Gold membership is priced at £500* and includes:
- An A&K host with extensive knowledge of the local area, available 24 hours
- The ability to book activities, excursions and extra services locally throughout a stay
- An introductory orientation tour of the local area with the A&K concierge on the clients’ arrival weekend (own transport required if not within walking distance)
- A pre-arrival grocery shopping service to be delivered to the booked villa (cost of groceries excluded)
Platinum membership is priced at £2,000* and includes:
- A continental style buffet on the first morning
- A pre-stocked drinks fridge, fresh flowers and initial provisions
- Starter pack of luxurious toiletries per bathroom
- Daily maid service (Monday to Friday and on Saturdays for multiple-week bookings) and mid-week linen and towel change
- A light, self-served supper on the clients’ arrival evening and mid-week grocery shopping service (cost of groceries excluded)
- Private chef service for a lunch or dinner, once during the stay (pre-booking necessary, cost of groceries excluded)